DEDICATED TO HELPING STUDENTS
C.Y. Lee Legal Group, located in Houston, Texas, is devoted to helping students during their academic career. Medical, social or financial obstacles can make higher education a mere dream to some students. Therefore, every year we offer a $1,000 scholarship to the law student who submits the strongest essay focusing on family law.
2021 Essay Subject
Write an essay on the following Family Law topics: Alimony, Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce, or
Essay Format Requirements:
1. The essay must be 1,500 words or less.
2. Post the essay to your blog. This can be a student blog on your university website or your own personal blog. If you do not have a blog, you can create one here for free: https://www.wordpress.com/.
3. Include at least three “clickable” links to authoritative sources. At least one of these links have to go to an article from leelegalgroup.com. Please note that link to leelegalgroup.com must be “clickable,” meaning that it is not enough to simply cite to the post. (Quick tip: In order to make a link clickable, highlight the entire link, click “Command + K” on your keyboard).
4. You must be listed as the author of the essay on the website and the blog post must be set to “public”.
5. The work must be your own.
The applicant must complete the online form by July 15th, 2021. Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered.
The applicant must give full rights for the use of the essay to C.Y. Lee Legal Group for any advertising or promotional purposes.
The winner must provide proof of full-time enrollment.
The winner consents to the use of his/her picture and other basic information on the winner page of the C.Y. Lee Legal Group website.
This scholarship is open to any U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident who will be enrolled full-time in Fall 2021 at an ABA accredited law school, earning credits toward a Juris Doctor degree.
Students who give us a social-media shoutout will be credited with one bonus point per social-media channel. The shoutout should include a link to the leelegalgroup.com website and a tag (link) to our respective Social Media Account. Please use the hashtag #cyleelegalscholarship and #cyleelegal so we can find your account easier.
This is not a requirement and students without social media access will still be considered. Multiple shoutouts within the same social media channel are appreciated but will not result in additional points. We will not credit points for channels on which we are not active. Please find a list of our Social Media accounts below.
Announcement of the Winner
The decision of the committee is final. The winner will be notified via email or phone by August 1st, 2021. The funds will be disbursed directly to the college or university to be used for tuition only. The winning essay may be published at leelegalgroup.com and also be published among other applicants.
Our scholarship recipient will also be asked to submit a current photo to be published in an announcement to recognize this year’s winner on our website.
Please complete the form below to submit your application.
By submitting your application, you consent to Lee Legal Group publishing your essay and picture on leelegalgroup.com. C.Y. Lee Legal Group has the sole right to resolve any disputes which may arise in the selection of the award winner. There will only be one award allotted.